Promoting Peace, Unity in Diversity, Arts and Culture amongst
People of the World
THE SIVANANDA WORLD PEACE FOUNDATION Aims & Objectives
The primary aim of Sivananda World Peace Foundation is to promote Arts and Culture, Peace, Harmony, Non Violence, Unity in Diversity and the sponsorship and installation of the Sivananda Peace Pillar and heritage monuments . The Sivananda Peace Pillars in South Africa will promote peace and harmony within diversified communities.
The Foundations vision, mission and objective are as follows:Vision
- Promoting Arts and Culture
- Promotion of Yoga
- Promotion of Peace, Unity in Diversity through all cultural programmes.
- Empowering youth dialogue to enhance job opportunities in communities
- Creating sustainable youth development through music and Dance
- Promoting of Tolerance through Ethnic languages and cultures
- Sivananda Peace Pillar will be a source of inspiration to the future generations(Promoting peace and harmony in society)
- Youth Development, Skills Training e.g. Computer training, sewing centres, awareness campaigns on the economy)
- Social Upliftment Programme e.g. Poor Feeding programs at schools, walking sticks to the elderly.
- Agricultural Programmes (Micro self-sufficient and hydroponic tunnel farming)
- Assisting poor communities to build temples and prayer/community halls.
- To implement such other programmes that will inspire the youth and build a strong and value oriented nation
- Creation of Scholarship Programmes (“Swami Sivananda Memorial Scholarship at the University of Zululand, KZN and other areas for underprivileged deserving students. To help the socially and economically disadvantaged children and youth to carry on their studies by providing financial support by way of scholarship.
- Building of schools, crèches, community halls, emergency housing for the poor, youth centres and sporting facilities.
:To foster enduring wilderness for its intrinsic values and for present and future generations.Mission
:To promote and advocate wilderness throughout Africa and elsewhere.
Objective :To contribute to fostering enduring wilderness for its intrinsic values and for present and future generations.Founders
: His Holiness Sri Swami Vimalananda, His Holiness Sri Swami Padmanabhananda and Prince Ishwar Ramlutchman Mabheka ZuluHonorary Patrons
: His Majesty , King Zwelithini Goodwill KaBhekuZulu, His Excellency,Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi, His Holiness, The Dalai Lama, The Late Dr Nelson Mandela, The late Mrs Nomzamo Winnie Madikizela Mandela, Dr Joel Sibusiso Ndebele
- Locality : Empangeni
- Postal Address : P. O. Box8980, Richards Bay, 3900
- Physical Address : 12 Steelway , Empangeni, 3880
- Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organisation Name : Sivananda World Peace Foundation
- Registration Number : 2013/043922/08 NPO
- Organisation Type : Non-profit organisation